RE: Why use WordPerfect's reveal codes?

Subject: RE: Why use WordPerfect's reveal codes?
From: Jane -dot- Credland -at- quintus -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:47:51 -0700

Geoff Hart wrote:

<<Word is actively hostile to this approach, and sometimes you just give up
and retype the text from scratch. (I haven't tried directly editing .RTF
files, but from the little I've seen of them, that wouldn't be a pleasant
task. But I concede that this may be more a lack of familiarity with Word's
coding scheme than any inherent difficulty in the editing.)>>

Nope. Take it from someone who just spent two weeks learning RTF tokens to
customize a WinHelp template in WebWorks, it's not a pleasant task.
Granted, HTML Help Workshop doesn't support the entire library of RTF
tokens, but the tokens aren't as intuitive as WordPerfect's reveal codes.

I miss them too.

<sigh>

Jane
jane -dot- credland -at- quintus -dot- com