RE: Taking advantage of "reflexive" responses in users

Subject: RE: Taking advantage of "reflexive" responses in users
From: "Haas, Guy" <ghaas -at- selectica -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:06:43 -0700

Sharon Burton-Hardin [mailto:sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net] opined:
. . .

I was teaching a class on online design a while back and had read that the
porn sites were pushing the envelope of web technology. Despite the warnings
and hype to the contrary, I have never just encountered porn on the web. I
went looking one evening to see what is happening in that world. I was
shocked at the browser takeovers - I wound up with over 30 instances of IE
open. I felt like I was being taken over. It was awful.

The only safe way to visit such sites is with JavaScript turned off.
Or so I'm advised....

--Guy K. Haas gkhaas -at- usa -dot- net
Software Exegete in Silicon Valley