Re: Word/WordPerfect

Subject: Re: Word/WordPerfect
From: Marilyn_Baldwin -at- capgroup -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:21:13 -0700

Chasity McWIlliams said:
> ... I keep running into the same problem over and over and am looking
> for advice.
>
> Everytime I have a document that is over 60 pages I get severe crashes
> in MS Word...

A 60-page Word document is no big deal and should not be giving you these
sorts of problems, even if it's full of screen shots and tables. After
all, Info Mapping is based on ALL tables and you can produce large docu-
ments using that technique.

My first suggestion, Chas, is to be sure that when you close your Word
document, you ALWAYS do a "Save As" and NOT a "Save." TECHWRLers have
recommended this many times, but it's such an easy fix to a common Word
problem.

Second, be sure that in Tools>Options>Save, there is no check next to
"Allow Fast Saves" - in other words, turn OFF that feature.

If you still have the same problem, let us know and we can come back at
you with more ideas.

- Marilyn Baldwin
mlbb -at- capgroup -dot- com