Re: moving files between devices

Subject: Re: moving files between devices
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 07:52:56 -0400

John Posada wrote:

> I find myself working with two computers at work and would like to
> move files between them.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to do this through the USB port?

In IT there are often many ways of doing things. Beth's suggestion is a
good one that works, but it is slow and does not protect against
overwriting a new file with an older one. I have needed file
synchronization to protect me from myself. (Yup, I've done it.) I have
used LapLink (about $149, street price.) It is a no fuss program that
also allows remote transfers. It is especially good when you forget a
file and you are at a remote location. Sometimes I just email the file
to myself. For just one or two files at a time, sneaker ware works too.

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)