Re: Organizational structure - where does Doc sit?

Subject: Re: Organizational structure - where does Doc sit?
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 14:18:07 -0400

On 10/05/00 12:59 PM, Dana Ditomaso (dana -at- caribousystems -dot- com) wrote:

>I feel that most of the documentation would be outside
>of the scope of projects, and therefore we should report to the CTO.
>
>Suggestions? Stories? Comments? I would appreciate anything

Well, the company I work for has doc sitting behind my desk at home, but
that solution doesn't work well with a small home office and more than,
say, three people in the department.

In reality, the best way to organize the doc department is to work under
the most laid-back, least micro-managing executive who is most likely to
say "sure, whatever you need" to any question you ask. That's how we
ended up working under the Shipping department at one company. (OK,
that's made up, but it illustrates my point: it doesn't matter, as long
as they leave you alone to do your job.)

Hope this helps, but you may not see it that way,
----->Mike

AOL: MStockman mailto:stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman