Re: Concurrently authoring documents in Word

Subject: Re: Concurrently authoring documents in Word
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "Arbing, Susan" <Susan -dot- Arbing -at- Cyberplex -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 08:49:10 -0700 (PDT)

Define "same time".

Same time as we all work in the same document or same time as we all
open the document at the same time.

Former...place the document on a network and anyone can work in it,
just one at a time.

Later...don't think so...the document, when open, gets locked. The
next perspon can open it read-only, but I don't know of any way to
have two people type in the same doc at the same time.

> I think I already know the answer to this question, but I'll ask it
> anyway.
>
> At my company, we are developing a spec that will be used by three
> departments. The spec will be a Word doc. I'm wondering if there is
> a way to
> allow more than one person to work on the spec at the same time.
>
> We would like to avoid having each department write their own spec
> and then
> merge them into one spec. It kind of defeats the purpose of having
> a single,current spec.

=====
John Posada
Technical Writer
mailto:john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-259-2874

What hair color do they put on the driver's
licenses of bald men?

http://mail.yahoo.com/