Word and Read-Only Network Problem

Subject: Word and Read-Only Network Problem
From: bdoonan -at- coreco -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:14:10 -0400

Hi,

I'm using Word97 on a network where others have access to the Word
documents
I write. I just came back from vacation and found that one of the manuals
on the network
is now in read-only format. However, when I checked, the read-only feature
wasn't selected.
In other words, this manual shouldn't be in read-only format.

I suspect that this problem is a corruption due to someone opening the
manual on the network.
Everyone denies opening it and I need to start working on it immediately.
Can someone inform
me about possible solutions to this problem so that I can get it out of
read-only format?

Thanks,

Brian