RE: Alternatives to RoboHelp

Subject: RE: Alternatives to RoboHelp
From: "Michele Marques" <marquesm -at- autros -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:42:57 -0400

George Hinman (techwriter -at- my-deja -dot- com) asks:

> I am currently using RoboHelp to create HTML help. I am
> frustrated by artificial limitations (e.g. you can insert an mpeg
> file, but you can avi??) and the high cost compared to some of
> the more economical html editors, Front Page, Dreamweaver.

I'm happy with ForeHelp. I haven't created HTML Help with it, but I have
created WinHelp, Web Help (HTML help for browsers, called "interhelp" by
ForeHelp) and JavaHelp.

It has a number of useful utilities to help speed up help development, and
has lots of flexibility - often with multiple ways to accomplish the same
task. If you check the archives, you'll find lots of discussion on the
various HATs.

If you have more specific questions about ForeHelp, feel free to contact me
off-list.

Michele Marques
Technical Writer,
Autros Healthcare Solutions