Justification for Editing Dept.

Subject: Justification for Editing Dept.
From: "Lisa Kemp" <lnk -at- ONTARIO -dot- COM>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 06:31:19 -0700

I think our company would benefit from a centralized Editing Department.
The editors would edit work from Technical Communications, Marketing
Communications, and other departments. Does your company have such a
department? If so, maybe you could help me with the justification. I am
having a hard time convincing some people that editing is a separate
talent from writing and that good writers are not necessarily good
editors.

Any help would be appreciated.