RE: What do we call this button?

Subject: RE: What do we call this button?
From: Sanjay Srikonda <SSrikonda -at- invlink -dot- com>
To: "'Newman, Sarah'" <snewman -at- bechtel -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:01:34 -0400

I had to hold my head when I read the reference to the "three-dot button".

Has this former employee been hunted down and been taught NOT to be cute? I
have many of these "buttons" and refer instead to the "button to the right
of the field" and then "choose the appropriate item from the resulting
list". I've also seen these buttons referred to as "the ellipsis to the
right of the field" This IS an ellipsis, it means click me and I'll show
you something more which is what ellipses are meant to show you, from my
humble understanding.

But, that's IMHO.