Design Guide (was Style Guide)

Subject: Design Guide (was Style Guide)
From: priest -at- sfu -dot- ca
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 12:42:59

Aha. So style guide has a more specific meaning to most people on this
group, having to do with spelling, grammar and punctuation issues far more
than it does with the visual appearance of the documents.

So I'll rephrase my request: rather than re-invent the wheel, can some of
you share your design guides -- just the top-level headings, that indicate
what sort of content you're guidelining. Things like "typeface, typesize,
margins" and the like.

During the style guide request, interest was expressed in having such a
listing posted to a website as a resource. Well, the design guide would be
a valuable resource as well. Especially if many people kick in their
ideas, helping to uncover some of the finer, easily over-looked points.

Thanks!
david