RE: Number of steps per procedure

Subject: RE: Number of steps per procedure
From: "Wollt, Richard C" <Richard -dot- Wollt -at- UNISYS -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:00:01 -0600

My opinion is that it takes as many steps as it takes. The + - seven rule
is great for things you need to memorize, but not really applicable to a
procedure that you follow from a written page.

The grouping of sub-steps you have done should help the user follow the
procedure and make it seem more organized.

Please warn the user up front that once he starts the procedure he must
complete it, or start over from the beginning at some later time.

Dick Wollt
Unisys Product Information