RE: accuracy in packaging

Subject: RE: accuracy in packaging
From: "Mandy Wells" <mwells -at- valadeo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 16:49:01 -0400

> It is our responsibility to these users to provide accurate information -
> even when it seems downright silly - just as much as you would a computer
> software user.

While realizing that the label was there to warn people with food allergies
(an excellent reason for it to be there) I think that was my biggest problem
with the label--stating "May contain traces of peanuts." wasn't overkill--it
was inaccurate. If it's stuck on a bin of unsalted peanuts, I'm hoping that
I'll be getting more that possible traces of peanuts; the not-very-bright
people with allergies to peanuts might assume that they are only possibly
getting a little bit of peanuts, and think it would be worth risking a
reaction.

A label that stated "Contains Nuts." would have been more accurate...but
would probably still have amused the Graphics Guy who started this whole
thing.

Still the peanuttiest,
Mandy