Information architecture sources?

Subject: Information architecture sources?
From: "Lisa Wright" <liwright -at- uswest -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM. COM" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:34:17 -0600

Hello all.
I am working on a presentation that outlines our application architecture.
The information originally given to the presenters by the technical folks is
very technical, and at first the techies were at the presentations to
explain things. Now though, the presenters are frequently on their own. I'm
attempting to clarify/explain some of the more technical terms so they don't
founder.

I searched for "application architecture" on the web but mostly found
documents describing a specific architecture. I am looking for something
that explains the general concepts. I have a general grasp but not enough to
explain it to someone else yet.

If anyone has URLs or book titles to share I'd sure appreciate it. Or even
better search syntax than just "application architecture."

Thanks!
Lisa Wright