Testing (was: RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed)

Subject: Testing (was: RE: Sample Writing Tests Needed)
From: Sharon Deitch <sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:30:05 +0200

For my last two jobs (i.e., current job and previous job), I took multiple
tests.

At the last job, there was a test given to all candidates except office
staff, and then a writing test, which consisted of me documenting part of
the software.

At my current job, I both documented part of the software and translated
several pages of their current manual in Hebrew. (I found the material to
be poorly written and so provided two translations, one true to the
original, and the other written as I would have done).

Maybe it's a matter of the market and how badly you need the job. There are
a lot of writers here. I very much wanted a new job, and I can only work
part-time, so I wasn't in any position to be refusing to take tests.

Shalom (it's looking better) from Jerusalem,
Sharon

Sharon Deitch
Technical Writer
SintecMedia