RE: Writing / Drug Tests

Subject: RE: Writing / Drug Tests
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 14:06:46 -0400

Andrew,

Most writing tests ARE a waste of time. When I give them, I also evaluate
the candidate on the kinds of questions they ask me, can they figure out how
to get around the application on their own, do they freak out when asked to
log in, and half a dozen other things only marginally related to writing.
The good ones also have given me new ideas to consider in documenting the
software.

As for drug tests, hate 'em, but if it's a requirement then I do it.

Connie