RE: Sample Writing Tests NOT!

Subject: RE: Sample Writing Tests NOT!
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 12:12:10 -0700

I don't claim to be perfect. I object to being tested at such an elementary level. Can't most people write a decent piece about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? I think they can. What does it mean then when you pass the test? You're as good as the average person? OK.

I don't mind being passed over by test givers. It helps me find a job where I fit in.

Marilynne <who likes the techie stuff>

P.S. I'm using the Eudora 5.0, which lets you know when your note contains material that may be offensive. Please accept my apology in advance. <grin>

At 08:21 AM 10/20/00 -0400, Giordano, Connie wrote:

It must be nice to be as perfect as Johnny and Marilynne. However, there
are many, many people interviewing for positions in the same way they got
through school-putting on a show without real substance. Portfolios don't
always give you the real story-how much of the work did they really do, how
long did it take, how many revisions did it need to go through, how many
colleagues did they piss off in the process. And five minutes is hardly
adequate to figure out whether the red flags you might be getting are really
justified.

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM
marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com
(858) 651-6664
AE-203B

Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.