Re: Drug testing and Working From Home

Subject: Re: Drug testing and Working From Home
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:59:31 -0700

Barry Kieffer wrote:

> This is another reason why technical writers should not be allowed to
> tele-commute and work at home - it is for their own good.
>
> I don't want my technical writers working from home, drinking all day and taking
> opiates.
>
> For their own good, technical writers need to be in the office every day, clean
> and sober, interacting with the engineers and other SMEs.
>
> Let them work at home and all they do is end up hopped up on goof balls, drunk,
> surfing porn, and having six or more hungry babies.

You forgot marathon sessions of Quake - an obvious incitement to
excessive violence. :-)

--
Bruce Byfield, Outlaw Communications
Contributing Editor, Maximum Linux

"Haven't you ever harbored the secret thought that Huck and Jim are
- at this instant - poling their raft down some river just beyond
our reach, so much more real are they than the shoe clerk who fitted
us just a forgotten day ago??"
- Dan Simmons, "Hyperion"