Re: Simultaneous Author Access to files

Subject: Re: Simultaneous Author Access to files
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 22:23:52 -0400

Wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

> John G. speaketh to John F.'s query about simultaneous edits/updates to a
> Word doc with the following heresy:
>
> > As a possible workaround, have you explored Word's Master Document
> > feature?
> >

> Nay, nay, NAY sayeth I. Master docs doesn't work - never has, never will.
> Even the Evil Empire's tech support godlings freely, cheerfully admit that
> the dog won't hunt.
>
> Please ... cleanse yourselves of even the merest urge to explore this
> feature. It will truly rain darkness and pestilence across your land ...
>
> Anne Halsey (with tongue only slightly in cheek)

The pestilence can be avoided. Master docs in wordPerfect is alive and
well. So is versions.
Oh yee that stick to Word, may the coffee from a thousand cups descend
upon your keyboard.

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)