Re: horror stories

Subject: Re: horror stories
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 14:08:28 -0400

MW,

It's not just the tech biz...trust me. I learned very early on to keep
a daily list of projects done by times, partners, comments,
interruptions, etc. In the Adv industry, everything you do gets charged
to somebody, so you record all activities. And from Anita Hill and
Watergate, I learned that documenting all
activities/issues/conversations is the best way to sandbag some
lawyer/manager's attempts to "revise" your performance records.
Obviously I don't write them all down, but the ones that triggered my
instincts got recorded instantly. More than once, a "chronological
report" took the fire out of some spurious accusation. It's just good
street/common sense.

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.