Re: FrameMaker Question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Question
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:13:45 -0700

At 11:17 AM 10/25/00 +0100, Sybille Sterk wrote:

Dear All,

I am currently working with Word :-( and have a big problem with references. In order to create references that refer to other parts in the manual, I need to put all chapters into one very large document. Now Word doesn't cope very well with large documents, and the Master Document only works occasionally, so I wondered if FrameMaker was any better as far as references in different files are concerned.

Can you create page references to pages in a different file in FrameMaker?

===================================
Yes. FrameMaker can create hypertexted cross-references, both internal and external, in any desired format (e.g., page numbers, autonumbered paragraph numbers heading text, or any combination of those).

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.

Your web site localized into 32 languages? Maybe not now, but sooner than you think. Download ForeignExchange's FREE paper, "3 steps to successful translation management" at http://www.fxtrans.com/3steps.html?tw.