Re: Are we just secretaries?

Subject: Re: Are we just secretaries?
From: "Tracy Boyington" <tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:33:49 -0500

It's difficult to understand because it is an opinion based on neither logic nor law. First, the post gave absolutely no indicatation that the writer was treated badly *because* she was a woman (and I notice the evil manager was also a woman). Second, it is perfectly legal to say mean things to people, even the people who work for you (bad management, as it is not likely to result in either good work *or* good karma, but still legal). We can't go around crying "civil rights violation" whenever someone says something we don't like. If we could, several people on this list would be in the pen right now. ;-)

Tracy Boyington tracy_boyington -at- okcareertech -dot- org
Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education
Stillwater, OK http://www.okvotech.org/cimc

>>> m w <tech_mw -at- yahoo -dot- com> 10/27/00 10:13AM >>>

The issue is that she demeaned her because she is
woman.

Why is this so difficult to understand?