Re: Deleting or renaming built-in styles in Word

Subject: Re: Deleting or renaming built-in styles in Word
From: Richard Smith <rsmith -at- rapidlogic -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 10:37:19 -0700

**************
Disclaimer -- I haven't used Word on a Mac in --like-- almost forever. But
do use it on a PC. So substitute mac jargon where it belongs.
**************
Surprised nobody really chimed in on this one, but here goes. I haven't
tried to delete built in styles, but you can modify them to your liking.
They behave the same as styles you create, except they are stored in the
template normal.dot. In Word2k on a PC you can modify the stlye (even a
built in one) and there is a check box that says "add to template." If you
check that box, word will save the style to the current template, which is
normal.dot if you did not open the doc with another one specifically.

So you can any attribute of the built in styles you desire. Then anytime a
new doc is created on the local machine, it will use the normal.dot with
the
modified styles. If you wan't all users on your team to use the same styles
overwrite thier normal.dot with the modified one.

The end result is that you have fewer styles and you dont have to hide
them.

Richard Smith