Re: One Doc or Multiple Docs?

Subject: Re: One Doc or Multiple Docs?
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 09:50:00 -0600

Please post answers to the list, or cc me. I'm dealing with a similiar issue. I
had a prospective client ask me yesterday:

"How would you address five different audiences in one manual, and one online
help system?"

The software product is for graphic designers, and web developers, some people
will be running Linux, and some Win2000, and they want to combine all the
information in 1 manual. Oy guvalt!

My manual would have the same 5 chapters as Dawson, except there would be an
additional chapter on UI navigation for the neo-phobes. In addition, I'd be
addressing two operating systems.

Michele

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230