RE: Question for you

Subject: RE: Question for you
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- MailAndNews -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:00:00 -0500

>===== Original Message From Jean Cooper <Jean -dot- Cooper -at- twtelecom -dot- com> =====
>I have posted a question to techwr-l, but I wanted to check with you on how
>to correctly respond to a question posted to techwr-l. Do I just click on
>"reply to all," write my answer, and then send it? Or do I need to send my
>response to you and then you post it?

Reply: goes only to the person who sent the message
E-mail readers will go so far as to copy every email address listed in the
message).

I usually do a "Reply All" so that the person gets the message privately and a
copy goes to the list. That way, if there are list delays, the person won't be
stuck wondering what the answer is. Also, most people use message filters to
distribute messages into folder, so a private message usually lands in the
Inbox where it is easier to find - it just doesn't get lost in the flurry of
messages from the list itself.

Pay attention to the email addresses in the "To" field - many lists are set up
so that all replies go to the list by default (Techwr-l is not one of them).

HTH!

Jeff Hanvey
http://angelcities.com/members/jewahe

"There is fiction in the space between /The lines on your page of memories
Write it down but it doesn't mean / You're not just telling stories"
-Tracy Chapman, Telling Stories

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230