Re: HUMOR: I Need Advice

Subject: Re: HUMOR: I Need Advice
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:43:17 -0800 (PST)

--- Bruce <bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com> wrote:

> I suppose that people are being conscientious by polling for
> opinions, but decision-making is part of any job. And, when a dozen
> or more posts are generated on such burning issues as whether the
> preposition "on" should follow "click," I can't help thinking that
> everyone's becoming obsessive.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with wanting to talk about issues and such, but
Jeez-Louise - come on. Use yer darn brains folks and take a stab at an answer
before you solicit the list.

Few, if any, of us are writing the instructions for building nuclear bombs or
how to handle liquid sodium...so live a little. Take a guess and watch what
happens. Trust me, If you're wrong, somebody will tell you.

There is ALWAYS some little twerp hanging around waiting to tell you how you
did something WRONG. Listen to this list...we're always blathering about how
this is wrong and that is wrong.

Finding errors is easy. Finding truth is the hard part.

If you focus all your energy on avoiding errors, you won't have any time left
to identify truth. And truth is NOT the absence of error.

Pretty deep, eh?

Andrew Plato

http://experts.yahoo.com/

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230