Re: Voice Recognition Software

Subject: Re: Voice Recognition Software
From: Peter <pnewman1 -at- home -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:00:21 -0500

Ward Rosenberry wrote:

> OK - Last night I purchased L&H VoiceXpress on sale at Staples for
> $29. This also incldes a $20 mail-in rebate so it'll cost me $9. Over
> the weekend get this going and send email on how it goes.
>
> Thanks for all the inputs!

In your tests, please remember that you have purchased an obsolete
version of a low end product. Voice Express is not designed for
technical writing even at the high end. It may not be able to handle the
vocabulary and requisite training. For routine personal correspondence
though, it should be OK if there is enough horsepower in your machine.

--
Peter

There are few situations in life that cannot be resolved
promptly, and to the satisfaction of all concerned,
by either suicide, a bag of gold,
or thrusting a despised antagonist over a precipice on a dark night.
Ernest Bramah (Kai Lung stories)

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230