RE: Implementing a single source management system painlessly

Subject: RE: Implementing a single source management system painlessly
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 12:04:50 -0500

Hallo:

I missed the original post, but I fail to see why anyone urgently wants XML
. . . what does it bring to the table that you are failing to accomplish
with your current tools? Answer that question and you'll be well on your way
to pursuading those up the food chain . . ..

With all due respect to Andrew's excellent points, WebWorks Publisher Pro
and FrameMaker also work well for single-sourcing (I am not using XML for
this, I don't need to). Yes work gets done. Deliverables are delivered. Yes,
customer needs are well met. Seriously, whether you single-source or not,
failure to do work, deliver the goods on time, and failure to meet the
customer needs means you FAILED. You have to do the job right,
single-sourcing or not. Single-sourcing can work, it is not a myth. Whether
single-sourcing meets your needs better than multiple-sourcing <g> is a
different matter, entirely.

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com