Re: OT: Appalling English

Subject: Re: OT: Appalling English
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:51:25 -0500

Yosuke Ichikawa wrote:

[an excellent post, which I've snipped]

Any comment on whether and how the more adventurous among us might find
jobs in Japan helping to fix some of these problems?

Or, within the limits of remaining at least vaguely on-topic, any comment
on the working conditions and cultural differencse we might encounter
if we did so?

For that matter, can anyone chime in with info on places other than
Japan?

I spent a number of years working at one of the world's most mobile trades
-- teaching English as a second language. That let me travel to various
interesting places. Now I'm more sedentary, but I still wonder how easy
it might be for an Emglish-speaking tech writer to spend a few years in
any of the many fascinating places where English is not the main language.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230