RE:FW: Here's why formatting and layout can really matter:

Subject: RE:FW: Here's why formatting and layout can really matter:
From: Stephanie Chambers <stephanie -at- storerunner -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:17:03 -0800

Ok, maybe _I_ am just the anal technical writer, but: Dawn, I don't get it.

You said to notice the numbers next to the arrows, so I did. I snagged the
image, zoomed in, and found the numbers to be: Bush's arrow says 3,
Buchanan's arrow says 4, and Gore's says 5.

However, to vote for Gore, punch hole 3; Buchanan punchers: 2; Bush
punchers: 1.

Add to this mish-mosh -- Gore appears second on the list.

When you said "that seemed to me a logical way to ensure that I was punching
the right hole." Which "logical way" are you referring to? I hope you
didn't punch hole 5 because the number next to the arrow said 5 (or 3
instead of 1, etc).

Okay I admit it - beyond question, I _am_ being an anal technical writer.
They should have hired a couple of us techwhirlers to help design the
ballot! Apparently, some 'anality' would have done this election some good.

Thanks for the link!

stephanie -at- storerunner -dot- com

From: Dawn Prey <Dawn -dot- Prey -at- OmegaResearch -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:27:32 -0500
http://cnews.tribune.com/news/image/0,1119,oso-nation-82373,00.html
Notice the numbers to the left of each arrow. Each number corresponds to a
number on the actual punchcard. I voted in Florida and that seemed to me a
logical way to ensure that I was punching the right hole. Then again, maybe
I'm just an anal technical writer...

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230