skin and bones

Subject: skin and bones
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 19:50:56 -0800 (PST)

> Everyone knows skin is completely meaningless.
> Everyone except all you idiot TWs, that
> is. Pardon me, I have to go wax my Porsche.

;) Sometimes I really love this group!

And when you get down to the root of it all, it's not
the thickness of your skin that counts, but the
thickness of your asbestos Underoos! (Thankfully,
Scooby's holding up fine on my end...) *vbg*

===============================
THIS IS THE WALL OF DISTINCTION
===============================

OK, now that we're back on the ON-TOPIC side of the
wall, I have a question. As we've seen on this list,
there are some folks who take offense to some things
quite easily. Where do we draw the line (in everything
we do)?

I consulted for a company that refrained from using
the terms "male" and "female" when describing
installation and configuration procedures for hardware
and appliances ("insert the male end of the connector
into the female end" type of stuff). Evidently they
got some complaints over the years for 'sexual
undertones'. Pretty silly, IMO, but that's just me and
my crazy frat house ways.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer