Re: Adobe Go Live vs. Macromedia Dreamweaver

Subject: Re: Adobe Go Live vs. Macromedia Dreamweaver
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:24:25 -0800 (PST)

--- "Peter Shea (USF)" <pshea2 -at- luna -dot- cas -dot- usf -dot- edu>
wrote:
> I'm about to recommend a list of software purchases
> for my department. I'm
> stuck between going with Adobe Go Live and
> Dreamweaver. Dreamweaver's
> reputation is sound, but Go Live would keep my
> software packages
> consistent (I have PageMaker and Acrobat).

What do you gain by staying consistent with
manufacturers? It's not like they are built to accept
each other's formats. The interfaces aren't the same.
The support technicians don't mingle. The supporting
documentation is written by different people.

Buy what makes sense. Evaluate features and
functionality. Who cares if the packaging looks
different on the shelf. It's performance that matters.

Go lIve may or may not be the best solution for you,
but don't consider having tools by only one
manufacturer an arguement for purchase. Buy what
allows you to do your job.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer