Re: SnagIt

Subject: Re: SnagIt
From: Suzette Leeming <techwriter -at- techemail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 22 Nov 2000 06:34:36 -0800

I'm on digest, so this feature might already have been mentioned. Others have mentioned capturing screens longer that the viewable area (scrolling), capturing webpages, capturing the cursor when it looks like a hand, etc. SnagIt also allows you to capture a drop down list in a field. I find this feature alone fabulous. I have tried almost every screen capture tool out there (HyperSnap, FullShot, etc.), but this is the one I am sticking with.

Also with SnagIt, I can set the output directory automatically and have it sequentially name and number the screenshots. So, I can go through an application capturing all the screens, and when I write the manual all the screenshots are there in my graphics folder. I have used SnagIt to save in a number of different formats, even PNG, and the results are great.

I have no affiliation with the TechSmith, and I am using the trial version. I have asked my company to purchase this program for me, and if they don't, I will buy it myself. I haven't tried their Camtasia product yet but I suspect it is a Camcorder-type application. Anybody used it and want to tell me more about it?

So, here's another endorsement for this fine product.

Suzette Leeming
Keswick, Ontario

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230