Re: Framemaker Question ?

Subject: Re: Framemaker Question ?
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 07:50:27 -0800

At 12:09 PM 11/24/00 +0530, Brijesh Bhaskaran wrote:

Hello everybody,

I have a Frame document and I have to add comments to this document. Is
there a way where I can make my comments appear in a different text
color?
I know there is this change bar option, but I am looking at changing the
text color as I write my comments.
Someone else suggested that you create a character tag for that purpose.
That is bad practice.

There are two preferred ways:

1. There is a conditional text setting of "Comment." By default,
it is set up to be red underlined text. Type your comment, then highlight the
text and apply the Comment condition to it. The Show/Hide settings allow
you to display or hide your comments. You can then use Find/Change
to locate each comment instance, and/or delete all comments when the
review period is finished.

2. There is a marker type named Comment. As long as your comments do
not exceed 255 characters, this is a workable method. You can produce
a generated list of all such comments using File > Generate/Book, choosing
List of Markers (LOM) as the list type, and putting the Comment marker type
in the Include list. You can also use Find/Change combined with the open
marker dialog to find and display each coment, and/or to delete all comment
markers when the review period is finished.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.