Re: An index for training material?

Subject: Re: An index for training material?
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 12:55:57 -0800 (PST)

> I need opinions. Would you typically create an index
> for a document that is
> used for instructor-led training classes?

I don't do anything "typically", with regard to
documentation, with the exception of typing. I
typically type. *g* But, if you feel that the document
could use an index, by all means include one. If these
trainees will be using the document for post-class
reference, an index may be helpful. Then again, who
uses an index, anyway? *vbg*

If you can make a case for it, do it. If you can make
a stronger case against it, don't do it. But when you
do do what you decide to do, do what you do do well.
Do be do be do.

- Bill Swallow
Thinker, Doer

=====