A simple single source case study

Subject: A simple single source case study
From: "Tim Altom" <taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 09:47:15 -0500

In another recent post, I promised that I'd make write and make available a
case study on a single source project we recently did. That case study is
now available in PDF, and you can get a copy by emailing me that you want
one. It won't go up on our website until it's been thoroughly reviewed here,
and I emphasize that it has NOT been reviewed throughout Simply Written. I
hacked it out myself and had no time to get it edited. Typos are therefore
my exclusive fault, and not that of Simply Written as a whole.

The case study is of the very simplest form of single source, using Word and
ForeHelp. It details how the job was planned and implemented, and why. It
did not use a database, XML, SGML, FrameMaker, or any other advanced
technology. It was, however, designed to move to a more advanced environment
if and when the client chose to do so. It illustrates how to do highly
structured documentation even in a small project.

If you're already using Frame, WebWorks, and similar tools to do simple
single source, the case study may be too fundamental for you. If you've
always wanted to see even a simple successful implementation, then it may be
of some assistance.

You can email me at taltom -at- simplywritten -dot- com -dot-

Tim Altom
Simply Written, Inc.
Featuring FrameMaker and the Clustar(TM) System
"Better communication is a service to mankind."
317.562.9298
Check our Web site for the upcoming Clustar class info
http://www.simplywritten.com

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230