RE: customized TOC icons for HTML help

Subject: RE: customized TOC icons for HTML help
From: "Paul Neshamkin" <pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:57:46 -0500

Mandy,

>From the notes that I've found, this feature is somewhat broken in that you
can not include the bitmap in the CHM. Also, if you have the bitmap on the
same drive as your project, and specify a full path for the Image file in
the .hhp, the compiler will force it to a relative path, which breaks the
custom icon feature. According to a very old message from Ralph Walden,

"The only workaround I can think
of that is to prefix the path with file: to prevent the compiler from
converting the full path into a broken relative path, or to make certain
that your project file is on a different drive then the BMP file."

In addition to this, make sure that you are not building a binary TOC for
the project.

Regards,

Paul Neshamkin
pauln -at- helpauthors -dot- com

Microsoft HTML Help MVP
WexTech MVP, Certified Doc-To-Help Consultant/Trainer

The Paul Neshamkin Group
http://www.helpauthors.com
Phone 201-714-9525

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230