RE: The Editorial Eye

Subject: RE: The Editorial Eye
From: Marilynne Smith <marilyns -at- qualcomm -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:44:20 -0800

Ages ago, as a beginning editor, I read and memorized every page of the Editorial Eye. I guess it depends on what sort of information you need.

Marilynne

At 03:46 PM 11/20/00 -0800, Susan W. Gallagher wrote:

> I recently received an ad for The Editorial Eye. It looks
> interesting, but it's also moderately expensive. I can see
> where it would be useful for copyeditors, but I'm not sure how
> useful it would be for technical writers. Has anyone on this
> list subscribed to it? and if so, what do you think?

I subscribed to it once. IMO, it's mostly fluff. There are some
helpful hints for execs who compose their own memos, I suppose;
but I'd describe the content as more entertaining than useful
for the writing professional.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- kinzan -dot- com

"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."
-- Douglas Adams

Marilynne Smith
Sr. Technical Writer
QUALCOMM