Re: What, Me Think? (was RE: clarification needed)

Subject: Re: What, Me Think? (was RE: clarification needed)
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2000 13:00:19 -0600

The 13 stripes stand for the original 13 states.

In one of my history courses, I no longer remember which one, the professor
remarked that someone, and I can't remember who it was anymore (doncha just LOVE
all this definitive information?) was the last "universal genius," someone who
knew just about everything it was possible to know on just about every subject.

No way any one person could do that today. There is just so much knowledge out
there. Our best hope is access TO the information and the people who know (or at
least know how to find) that information. And even then, some of it is
completely beyond our comprehension. I don't claim to know a THING about nuclear
physics, for instance!

Jo Byrd

Who majored in history, among other things.....