Re: Do you PDF at ver 3 or ver 4?

Subject: Re: Do you PDF at ver 3 or ver 4?
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 08:08:07 -0800 (PST)

Not just reader. Efeective version 4,. what was Acrobat Exchange is
just called Acrobat. That's the reason they mention both Acrobat and
Acrobat Reader in the messagge.

There are 4 of us in the group printing to a Xerox printer (it is a
PS printer) and someone in another group printing to a different
printer (PCL), all with full Acrobat 4 (what would have been Excange
if they hadn't dropped the name.) None of us can do it.

I can only guess that your particular priinter has its own internal
mechanism for handling collating that takes over from Acrobat.

Who know....

--- randall -dot- larson-maynard -at- powerconv -dot- alstom -dot- com wrote:

> John
>
> SNIP>
> This is from the Adobe KB, # 322042:
> Adobe Acrobat viewers (e.g., Acrobat, Acrobat Business Tools,
> Acrobat Reader) for Windows cannot collate PDF print jobs,
> even if other applications can collate multiple copies of a
> file to a given printer.
> SNIP>
>
> I do this all day long from Acrobat 4.05 1026 13.25. It collates
> perfectly, as
> it did in 3.0 and 3.02. I've never tried it in Reader, though. I
> guess this must be the cubicle where miracles happen! :-}

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"I'm not flying. I'm falling...with style."
-- Buzz Lightyear

http://shopping.yahoo.com/