Writing conceptual info. for single sourcing/online help?

Subject: Writing conceptual info. for single sourcing/online help?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:01:31 -0500

Lisa Kemp is <<... writing for single sourcing for the first time as we are
also writing for onlie help for the first
time for a new highly user-configurable product. So, we are examining how to
write our concepts. Before, our concepts very procedural, and now we need to
write more about what the concept is and how it is useful to the user.>>

Start with an understanding of the needs of the user. When you know what
they want to do and why, you can (respectively) provide the background
understanding they need to do the "what", then explain "why" they'd want to
do that "what" in the first place.

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"When ideas fail, words come in very handy."--Goethe