RE: What is our real area of expertise?

Subject: RE: What is our real area of expertise?
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 15:46:21 -0500

Thom and Tom,

I suppose some of your points are dependent on whether you're a contractor
or FTE, and how you view your ongoing role. I'm an FTE, and as such find it
much more beneficial to know my industry, and take part in design and QA, as
well as the development of content. Long-term, I see opportunities for
strategic product design roles, and that's what drives my desire to become a
SME, as well as guru of all things communications-related.

If you choose the contractor route, then I'm sure your observations apply.

I guess I should start prefacing posts with some caveat about FTE versus
contractor:). Obviously there are great differences in the roles.

Connie Giordano