RE: TW Salaries

Subject: RE: TW Salaries
From: "Le Vie, DonaldX S" <donaldx -dot- s -dot- le -dot- vie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 05:44:08 -0800

Meg:

Well, it seems to me that regardless of what number you *think* you should
have tossed out (hindsight is 20/20), you're pretty happy with things. The
potentially flexible schedule allows you to attend class and the $$ number
you gave them was a number you are satisfied with, so I think everyone is
happy with that deal.

I have a good friend in a similar situation. He's a digital video expert and
a Web site developer who works for himself in a small, central Texas town.
His clients are local or from nearby communities. He works from his home and
is content as a clam at high tide with his arrangement. But his rates are
soooo low for his skills and experience, that I'm always telling him he's
giving away his expertise. But he's happy living 90 minutes from the nearest
metropolitan area (Austin), during deer hunting season, he can go out
anytime (he's an avid bow hunter), and he gets to work from home (his wife
also works from home at times with her job when she's not traveling). He's
making enough to pay bills and sock some away in investments, but more
important...he's very happy.

If you want to move to northern Virginia, well, yes, you will probably have
to reconsider what kind of salary you'll need per the cost of living in that
area. But we'd all do that if we were willing to pick up roots and go
somewhere else.

Sounds like you've got a pretty sweet deal right now. Congratulations.

Donn Le Vie