RE: Choosing online help

Subject: RE: Choosing online help
From: Shelly_Butcher <ShellyB -at- orsus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 15:01:44 +0200

Hi Steve,

I've tried both RoboHelp and WebWorks.
I much prefer converting FrameMaker files to HTML using WebWorks,
over saving FrameMaker files to RTF for use in RoboHelp. FrameMaker
files don't generally convert well to RTF.

WebWorks does have a steep learning curve, and its GUI is weird.
However, it does give you a lot of control over your HTML output.

I haven't used ForeHelp or Mif2Go.

If you choose WebWorks, there's a WebWorks users mailing
list:

http://www.egroups.com/subscribe/wwp-users/

Shelly
Shelly Butcher - Technical Writer