Re: Active versus passive (WAS Displays versus Appears-Which One? )

Subject: Re: Active versus passive (WAS Displays versus Appears-Which One? )
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 11:04:10 -0600

Your comment reminded me of an almost forgotten incident. I was your prototype
bookworm as a child and teenager. If it had words, I probably read it. Graduated
from high school and went to college. First day in freshman English, the
instructor (fish don't rate professors, just TAs) had us list all the books we'd
read in the past year. I filled up BOTH sides of a sheet of paper, and I didn't
even list all of them! Some of the lines said things like, "everything written
by [author]," and to this day I seriously doubt I listed everything. After a
while my classmates just sat starring in awe. Several made comments like, "she's
making those up! NOBODY reads that much!" The instructor just sat there and
smiled.

Oh, to have that kind of time again, to just sit and read all the time.....

Jo Byrd