Re: Dreamweaver vs. Webworks Publisher

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver vs. Webworks Publisher
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 08:39:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi Phil (and Whirlers),

You can't compare DW and WWP, as they are two
completely different technologies. DW is a WYSIWYG web
authoring tool, and WWP is a conversion filter for
FrameMaker.

You need to weigh what you'll be doing with the tool.
If all you are doing is authoring Help (no print docs,
all HTML), then DW is the tool of choice for you. But,
if you are maintaining print documentstion in FM and
need to churn out HTML or Help, then WWP is hands-down
the best solution, IMHO.

If you (or anyone else) have any specific questions on
WWP, feel free to drop me a line. Though I have done
extensive web authoring with DW, I have not used it
for Help, as I have single-sourcing needs.

=====
Bill Swallow
Technical Writer
PowerAdz.com