RE: Pseudowriters

Subject: RE: Pseudowriters
From: "Wally Glassett" <wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 11:50:36 -0800

"Snippy?" Have we heard this term before? In any relevant context?

IMO, if you're just focused on content then you are more of a researcher
than a technical writer (not that researchers don't/can't write), and if you
are more focused on communication then you are more of a trainer/marketer
than a technical writer(ditto). A good technical writer has to be good at
both. Knowing some "thing" inside and out technically doesn't help much if
you can't explain it to others in words and graphics. That's why
developers/engineers normally don't do well at writing manuals. Being able
to communicate well without an appropriate level of technical understanding
might make your audience enthusiastic and feel good, but without adequate
content they won't learn much.

Just my first and last two cents on this thread.

Happy New Year, all!

Wally Glassett
Tech Doc-It, Inc.
wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net <mailto:wallyg99 -at- home -dot- net>

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.