RE: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??

Subject: RE: Post-holiday reality: They don't need our stinkin' manuals??
From: Archimede Ziviello <archimede -dot- ziviello -at- cannondale -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 14:45:36 -0500

My old college rocket (82 Camaro) had a check engine light. And it was on
for the entire time I owned the vehicle.
I bought it for $500 bucks, the light was on.
I drove it for 8 years, while the light was on.
I rode around in it with the yellow lines visible through the floor boards
for a while, got married, and the light was still on.
And I sold it for appx $500 with the light on. Except, I forgot to take the
black tape off the panel in front of the light.

There were many other things missing, cut, damaged, and clearly not within
specification in either the service or owner's manuals but it ran like a
beast. It never failed and is probably still running (But now I think its
purple and has some Star Trek like sonic disruption equipment stuff into the
back end.) The check engine light probably dims from the driver over taxing
the electrical system.

Oh, Well

Sponsored by an
anonymous satisfied subscriber since 1994.