RE: Cursors! Foiled again.

Subject: RE: Cursors! Foiled again.
From: Sharon Deitch <sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 08:19:06 +0200

My personal experience with using screenshot software was that, once I had
it, I found many uses for it in my daily work. I have seen the same happen
with colleagues after I have introduced them to the software. In my
previous job, we never used screenshots in our documentation (we wrote
on-line docs only and used fancy-dan macros to call up the relevant
screens). I still took screenshots all the time. I like to have a printout
of the screen(s) I'm documenting. I've found that being able to see several
screens at once, on paper, on my desk, is very helpful for sussing out bugs
and inconsistencies. Furthermore, I often take and print captures of
Explorer windows. I guess I'm one of those who prefers things on paper that
I can write on.

Print screen will do all of the above, but it will require greater effort
from us users. You have to paste the shot into another application in order
to save or print it, or both. Having the ability to grab the screen, print
it, save it, and move on in a matter of seconds is well worth the price of
SnagIt to me.

Happy New Year, everyone,
Sharon

Sharon Deitch
Technical Writer
SintecMedia
Jerusalem, Israel
sharon -at- sintecmedia -dot- com

"It's amazing how much easier it is for a team to work together when no one
has any idea where they're going." Despair, Inc.