Re: table of figures

Subject: Re: table of figures
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 11:47:05 -0500

At 08:41 AM 1/5/2001 -0800, Mike wrote:

Just curious as to where you folks place the table of
figures in your documents. I generally place mine on
the page following the table of contents.

Although I'm mainly doing online publishing rather than paper these days, I've never published a book that included a list of figures. To be honest, even when I've used books that have them, I've never once needed the list of figures.

I can imagine situations where a list of figures would be useful, but, in my mind anyway, those situations are rare... are people really using them very often, and to what end? Has anyone ever usability tested such manuals to see whether the users even notice, much less use, the list of figures?

----->Mike

Sponsored by DigiPub Solutions Corp, producers of PDF 2001 Conference East, June 4-5, Baltimore/Washington D.C. area.